Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are now recruiting for a part qualified HR Advisor / Administrator who is working towards or willing to study towards a CIPD qualification. The successful candidate must be passionate about Human Resources and the delivery of a high level of service within the business. Highly organised and capable of working in a demanding and challenging industry to support the HR Manager with 500+ employees. This role will be based at our head office near Maldon, Essex.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, you will work as part of a highly customer focused HR team by delivering an excellent service to its Directors, Managers and employees in all daily operations of the department. To advise the business in HR matters in accordance with current employment law and company procedures. Assist in maintaining all administration relating to employee electronic files, employee relations and policies and procedures. To also assist the payroll department where required with preparing of employee payroll data.
- Experience of working within a HR department or dealing with HR matters is essential
- Experience of advising on employee related matters, taking minutes and producing outcome documentation
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards
- Good standard of education indicated through GCSE or equivalent, grades C or above in Maths and English
- Experience of using Email and Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and internet
- Previous experience of maintaining effective office systems and processes is desired
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions to agreed processes, standards and timescales
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to plan and prioritise your own time effectively, aware of own responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently with attention to detail and with ownership
- Ability to meet deadlines in accordance to standards and maintaining accuracy
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own
- Willingness to be flexible to meet workload demands
- Willing to travel to other locations if required
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment, protecting information and data whilst respecting confidentiality is essential within a HR department
- Willing to undertake studies towards CIPD to support your knowledge within the HR department
Start Date: February/March 2019, subject to notice period
Location: Ulting, near Maldon, Essex.
Hours: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (1hr unpaid lunch)
Contract: Permanent, full time, salaried
Salary: £Competitive plus CIPD study package for the right candidate
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Lisa Blinkhorne, HR Manager.
For a full job description, please email our HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the vacancies listing.