Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are looking for a keen and driven Showroom Salesperson to assist with our retail sales and join our established team at our Framlingham branch, based in Suffolk.
Reporting directly to the Parts & Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day retail sales within the showroom which will predominantly include clothing, footwear and hardware, although involvement in parts enquiries may also be required at times. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times by dealing with all queries relating to the products and services supplied by the Company either face to face or over the telephone.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience (desirable)
- Motivated by sales and targets
- Ability to upsell
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Framlingham, Suffolk, IP13 9LL
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday. Saturdays as per rota (8am to 12.30pm)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs
Contract: Permanent, full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Lee Bloomfield; Parts & Showroom Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.