Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are looking to increase the team due to business needs and require a Welder/Fabricator to join the existing team at our Colchester branch, based in Essex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for fabrication and welding (MIG) of bespoke lorry loader cranes.
- Experience working in a manual manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of different metals, their reactions and abilities
- Knowledge of appropriate welding processes
- It is essential that you can read and work with complex engineering drawings and specifications with minimum supervision
- May be required to assist repairing hydraulic and electrical faults with the service team
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours and weekend cover (Rota based)
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Full clean driver’s license
- Be self-motivated
Start Date: Immediate but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT
Hours: 39hrs per week – 7:30am to 16:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 7:30am to 15:30pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full time, hourly paid
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Craig Abbott, Crane Service Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.