Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Branch Manager who is keen and driven to help manage the team at our Benington branch, based in Hertfordshire.
You will be reporting to the Branch and Sales Manager while making sure the overall profitability, management and daily operations of our Benington branch are run smoothly. You will have split branch responsibility of equipment sales, repairs, retail sales and administration, whilst ensuring you are promoting the company’s image by attracting new customer accounts and maintaining existing customers.
- Experience or understanding of Agricultural, Construction and Horticultural equipment would be beneficial
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Target driven with the ability to upsell to achieve and exceed targets
- Be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Full Driving licence is required
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Have strong leadership skills and be able to act quickly and decisively
- Take accountability for own decisions
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Have good IT skills
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Able to work on initiative for improvements
Start Date: March 2019, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Benington, Hertfordshire, SG2 7BZ
Hours: 42.5hrs per week – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch). Additional hour’s incl. weekends as per rota especially during peak periods e.g. Harvest
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience, plus company car, eventually profit related bonus
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Salaried
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Closing Date: Friday 22 February 2019
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Maria Kirby, PA to Managing Director prior to the closing date.
Return to the vacancies listing.